STEM Career Builder Program - ISG
District 196 – ISG Career Builder Program - Summer 2023 Internship Pilot Project
Inspire, Support career exploration, and Graduate with a career plan
District 196 is partnering with ISG Corporation, a nationally recognized, multidisciplinary Design and Engineering firm, to build a program providing students with:
- An equitable opportunity to explore the outer limit of their potential by designing their future through inspiring career exploration
- Support for professional skill development
- Employment while in high school to graduate with a career plan in place
- Summer internships will be offered as a pilot project to launch this program
- What: 3 positions including CAD Designer (1), Land Survey Specialist (1), Telecommunications Designer (1). Job descriptions below:
- Who: Open to students attending District 196 high schools who are at least 16.
- When: 20 – 40 hours/week. Position begins when school is out and ends one week prior to the end of the summer. Flexible work schedule possible upon approval of supervisors.
- Where: ISG in Bloomington. 7900 International Dr. Suite 550, Bloomington, MN 55425 (Near the Mall of America)
- Compensation: The pay range will be $14 – 15/hour, skills training, and professional work experience.
- Support: District 196 will provide a staff member to help coordinate the pilot program with ISG staff. Transportation support is provided based upon need if hired. Initial and ongoing training will be provided to interns by ISG staff.
How to apply: Send an email to Jim Lynch, James.firstname.lastname@example.org at Apple Valley High School indicating your interest in one of these internship positions. Include a copy of your resume. We require that you have at least one teacher or another adult complete the ISG Summer Internship Job Reference Form - https://bit.ly/3IQo95m DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 10.
Learn more about ISG and the internship positions: