We are so excited about the return of Prom to the school calendar! After two years of not being able to hold this wonderful event, it is wonderful to know that we are headed back to the beautiful International Market Square in Minneapolis for this annual tradition. The dazzling atmosphere of the five-story Atrium located in the beautifully renovated historic building is a wonderful setting for this fantastic event.
More information is included below; however, please note the following pieces of important information:
- AVHS's Prom is a secure, lock-in event and there is security the entire evening.
- Students should not arrive before 5:15 p.m. Check-in will begin promptly at 5:30.
- The main parking lot at International Market Square is for students and staff only. Parents and friends attending the Grand March should park on the street or in the public parking lot across the street. This allows for all students attending the dance to leave the dance from the parking lot closest to the event.
- All students MUST have a ride home no later than 11:00 pm. It is critical that you know your student's plan to get home, as AVHS does not provide rides home for students. Double-check with your student that they have transportation away from the event no later than 11:00 pm.
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.: Ticket registration* in Market Square entrance hall
*Prom ticket is needed for admission. Students will receive a wristband color-coded to their floor assignment for dinner.
6:15 p.m.: Line up for Grand March
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.: Grand March begins at 6:30. Guests may view the Grand March from the second-floor balcony as well as some standing room on the first floor. Please do not disturb table settings.
7:30 - 8:30 p.m.: Buffet dinner in the spectacular Market Square Atrium -Catering by D’Amico
Menu choices include:
- Vegetarian: Sundried tomato and Basil Angel hair Pasta Cakes with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Chicken: Sautéed chicken breast with Miso-Mustard sauce
- Beef: Beef Pot Roast with Herb Horseradish Sauce
- Also includes Garden Salad, Roasted Garlic Potato Puree, and Green Beans Sauté with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan Cheese
8:30 - 11:00 p.m.: Dancing with Northern Lights in the Atrium
9:30 p.m.: Dessert Buffet, Assorted Cheesecakes
Parking: parking for Prom guests will be provided in security-patrolled lots surrounding the Market Square property. There is no charge. The parking lot has limited space and is for Prom go-ers only. Parents and other spectators of the Grand March need to park on the street or in the public parking lot across the street from International Market Square. For safety and security reasons, we want all students to be able to leave their cars in the parking lot closest to International Market Square. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The ticket price includes everything for the evening: Grand March, dinner, dessert, soda/drinks, tax, gratuity, decorations, dance, admission, entertainment, security, and service charges. Dinner is served on four levels of the atrium. Students selected their floors during ticket pick up this week and will receive a color-coded wristband at check-in that corresponds to a specific floor for the dinner hour.
Attire: Although most students will dress formally for this occasion, formal attire is not required. Men are asked to wear a coat and tie and women are asked to wear a dress.
Admittance Policy: As is the case with other AVHS-sponsored dance events, Prom guests will be asked to remain in the Atrium area of the prom site throughout the evening. Once students leave the prom site, they WILL NOT be readmitted for any reason!
A chemically free school event: As an official school function, no alcoholic beverages will be permitted at the prom site. Security officers from the Apple Valley Police Department will be on hand to promote a healthy and safe environment for all students. Please be advised that the police department policy is to automatically refer alcohol-related offenses to the Minneapolis City Detoxification Center.
Photos: Valley Images will be on-site to take photos of students as they walk through the Grand March. Students will be able to pick up their Grand March photos in the main office approximately one week after the event.
Directions to International Market Square: From Apple Valley take 35W to I-94. Travel west on I-94. Travel through the Lowry-Hill Tunnel. Exit on Olson Memorial Highway/7th Street. At the stoplight, take a left on Olson Memorial Highway. At the first stoplight, take a left onto Lyndale Ave. Take a right onto Glenwood Avenue. International Market Square will be on the right.
Thank you for helping us to provide an exciting and enjoyable evening.
Drew Mons, Principal
Bill Blatzheim, Arts and Activities Director
Chris Porter, Prom Advisor